RODE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

1995 Isuzu Rodeo • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

My parents own a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo with a 2.6 engine. The check engine light is on and the engine stalls. Do I need to purchase a scanner or is there a way to get the codes by having the check engine light flash the fault codes? If there is a way to get the codes directly from the check engine light flashes, whats the method in doing so? Also, where can I get the corresponding description of fault codes?

Thank you

Herb
Airfoill

Use the directions I posted to get your codes let me know what the numbers are and I will get you the trouble tree's for the code's.

So it appears from the picture that there are leads already attached to the car and all I need to do is connect the two in order to retrieve the codes? Also, where do I get the corresponding description for the code?

Herb

Airfoill
Yes you would connect those two leads together and follow the directions i posted.After you get the code numbers let me know what they are and i will give you the trouble trees for them.I get them from a pay website that we use to answer questions on here.It's http://www. .com but you have to pay to use it to get information.

Thanks saturntech9. I am in Houston, Tx and my parents live in the Albuquerque area in New Mexico. It won't be out there until probably in July. Can I get back with you then and let you know what the codes are?

Herb

Airfoill
You sure can just post your code's on this question were talking on and I will get you that info.

I was able to retrieve the code. Code 44: fuel metering system incorrect signal (lean).
I've already replaced the oxygen sensor with a new Bosch unit and still has signal. These are the symptoms: starts and idles beautifully and no check engine light. During a normal acceleration the engine stumbles, check engine light comes on and only by pumping the accelerator does it seem to temporarily help. What could be causing stumbling? Is there more than one ox sensor on these 2.6 engines? P.S. Ox sensor light is on all the time but I was told it has to be manually reset under dash. Could this be causing the problem?

Airfoill
Does it still set the code 44?Thats probably why the o2 sensor light is on. Do you have a multimeter?Your going to have to go thru the trouble tree for the code 44.