GMC VAN FUEL FILTER PROBLEM

1995 GMC Van • 165 miles

I'm experiencing a loss of power when climbing grades. Usually happens after I been on the road for a while or the weather is warm.
I've taken it in the 3 different shops over the last 3 weeks. The first one changed the fuel filter. It drove fine for a week. The second one did a fuel pressure test and could find no problem, but they said the ignition coil was burned a replaced it. The 3rd place said that because of the age of the van that unless it happened while they were testing they couldn't diagnose anything.

Have your fuel pressure checked again and check for a clogged converter by using vacuum gauge on inlet manifold.

The same thing happened to me with my 1996 GMC Vandura. It would even shut off then start right back up or shut off and not start, replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, etc. It turned out to be the Ignition control module for me and it has been running ever since. Over a year now and I've had no problems.

Sotchillzapata