GMC JIMMY FUEL INJECTOR PROBLEM

1995 GMC Jimmy • 99,999 miles

When the vehicle is cold it sputters when started.

I MESSED UP! THIS IS MY QUESTION! When my Jimmy is cold it sputters for about 15 seconds when I start it. About once a week it will die. After 15 or 20 seconds it runs fine. I've given it a complete tune up. New wires, spark plugs, cap, and rotor. I've replaced the temp sensor. It has a new battery and cables. It isn't throwing any codes. It is a "W" code Jimmy. The standard OBE code testers will not read its computer. It cost over $100 dollars to have it read at the dealer. I don't have that much to spend. Especially when it isn't showing a check engine light. Any ideas. Thanks.

Valhoelscher
Do you have the spider fuel system. That system is known for problems. What about the idle air system? Have you ever cleaned it?

I don't know about the spider fuel system. I've never heard of it. I haven't cleaned the idle air system. I'll look online to see if I can find instruction on how to. I never have cleaned one.

Valhoelscher
Vin W should be the spider system. The poppet valves get stuck. There is a service bulletin for that issue. Try cleaning procedure. The cleaning procedure I have is a shop procedure. I don't belive fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank will work for this issue? The bulletin says if cleaning doesn't work, convert to mfi system. I'm not sure about the cost on that? They replace poppets valves with electrical fuel injectors.

All the conversion kits I saw start with 96 and newer.