JIMMY V6 4/WD (BAD COMPUTER????!)

1995 GMC Acadia • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic •

I have the above mentioned vehicle. I recently started having problems with it running very rough. Then it turned into dying randomly. It bucks when driving also. I changed the fuel filter and the catyllitic converter (which unbeknownced to me had been hollowed out by a previous owner). It still has the bucking/dying problem. Had the Check Engine codes read. First time it came up with codes that weren't even for my vehicle. Second time, so many codes the code reader ran out of memory to store them so we could print them out. Is my computer bad? I hope it is, because I found a cheap replacement but if there truly is that many problems this things a lost cause. I also changed my O2 sensors as well as the air filter and oil. I do know however that 8 months before it started having this problem I got an egr valve code.
Zippo_of_death

Try cleaning out the EGR and PCV valves and test the throttle position sensor and the manifold absolute pressure sensor-to include a fuel pressure