THE OIL IN MY IS FULL . BUT WHEN I APPROCH A STOP , THE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT COMES ON? IF IT'S THE PRESSURE SENSOR, WHERE IS IT AND HOW DO I TELL IF IT'S BAD?

1995 Geo Tracker • 114,000 miles

The car has been running rough since this problem has begun. About 6 months now. I tried changing the oil and filter. I don't drive very far with it, about 1mile a day. When I first start the car it runs really rough. Warms up a little, runs better. But if I get it up to 50mph, and the engine really warms up, when I come to a stop the oil light comes on and it sounds like it's going to stall. If I give it just enough gas to bring the pressure up, the light goes off and it runs better. I don't have a lot of cash, so I'm trying to do my best to figure this out myself.
Tlinke2002

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge to rule the oil pressure switch, oil pump and engine bearings