TRANSMISSION

1995 Ford Taurus • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 130,895 miles

I have a 1995 ford taurus that has had the transmission rebuilt and torque converter replaced. The car shifts smooth but it seems to shift late it won't hit 3rd until 40mph and fourth at about 55mph. The VSS has been replaced also. Plus when it is cold out it will not shift out of 1st until it warms up. I was thinkin maybe the TPS is bad. Any help would be much appreciated. Also the cruise control stopped working.
Sportsterman80

The fluid level in the transaxle should be set at the top end of the hatch marks on the dipstick while the transaxle is at operating temperature.

The vehicle must be on level ground, in Park, with the engine at idle and at operating temperature to get an accurate fluid level reading. If the fluid level is not at the top of the hatch marks, add fluid until it is at the top of the hatch marks

BMRFIXIT