IGNITION PROBLEM

1995 Ford Taurus • 95,000 miles

When I turn the key on ther is no power to the dash lights. I have to turn the key back just a hair to get power but when I turn it back forward all power is lost again. It will crank and turn over but not fire. I put a new ignition key cylinder in and it still same results
Jkeagle10

It probably isn't adjusted right or one of the wires has lost connection. Dash lights come from headlight switch anyhow.

The headlights work thru out the whole time though. It's just sash lights and fuel pump that loses power. What wires are you referring to and where are they located?

Jkeagle10
If the fuel pump loses power it can be a weak relay or a fuse problem. Check the three fusible link s on undrhood fuse box, pic shown as well as ign sw blower motor fuse it's a 60 amp. If the fusible links only have a a couple of strands of wire going through them then that may beyour problem. Also are connections on ign switch ok or was the plastic burnt up around it that can also be the problem.