WONT SHIFT FROM SECOND TO THIRD

1995 Ford Taurus

I have a 95 ford taurus and it wont shift from second to third gear but when I remove the battery and leave it out for awhile and then put it back in it runs fine for a while then starts acting up again. What could be the problem?
95taurus

An error has occurred in the transmission control system causing it to go inot limp mode. Disconnecting the battery would reset the system and when error is detected again, the control would go into limp mode again.

You need to retrieve the trouble codes to find out what is causing it. If you wish to retrieve codes, you must not disconnect the battery after going into limp mode, otherwise the codes would be erased and you would find no reference.

I did it through three different codes, 624, 628, 648. I dont know what any of this means.

95taurus
Code 624 - Electronic Pressure Control (EPC )solenoid circuit failure.
Code 628 - TCC enggagement error
Code 648 - No 4th gear.

I would suggest starting with checking the harness connector for the transmission solenoids. Check for looseness or contaminations at the connector.