FORD PROBE FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1995 Ford Probe • 99,500 miles

It all started with my timing belt went out changed it then the crankshaft posistion sensor was rubbing the belt and short it out so it wouldnt start so we canged it we put a fuel pump on now it cuts out every time u turn left and get on it please help using moregas too thx nick
Primetime81

We need info like motor, why the belt was replaced and who did the job?

2.5 dohc the tensioner went out for the timing belt it didnt start cutting out till the day we put the fuel pump on

Primetime81
Start with a compression test to rule out bent valves

Already ruled the compressin test out it all started the day I had the fuel pump put in when it gets down to a 1/4 tank it starts cutting out from a dead stop if u try to get on it.

Primetime81
What is the exact pressure?

Not sure but my mechanic says it passed all the tests it was going good until I changed the fuel pump would bent valves give me bad gas mileage

Primetime81
Would cause all kinds of issues.

What was the compression numbers for the cylinders?

Not sure why would this make it cut out when u turn left but it doesnt really do it unless u turn left and get on it or if u are low on gas and u try to get on it

Primetime81
The fuel pick up in the tank may not be picking up the fuel. Either that or the sender is bad and you are out of fuel

Not out of fuel u think the sender might be bad I bought the fuel pump off the internet its a ac delco direct fit

Primetime81