ENGINE STITCH

1995 Ford Mustang

What other motor can fit in a 1995 mustang
Chuy16

What engine is in it now? What transmission? What model of Mustang do you have?

Racefan966
Well it doent have anything right now but wondering what other mustang engine will fit in the 95 its the stock trans and its srs

Chuy16
Ok again what engine was in it? The engines offered for the car are the 3.8 v6 the 5.0 and 5.8 v8. If you don't know what came in it then I would call your local Ford dealer and give them the last 8 of the vin and they will tell you what it had. If you want to use the transmission that is in it then I need to know that to tell what else you can put in it and what you need to do for each choice. The computer is set for the engine it came factory too.

Racefan966
Oh the SRS stands for Safety Restrain System meaning it has air bags as my 98 Mustang does. I was a Ford tech and a Mustang enthusiast so I am more then will to help just need a bit more info ok.

Racefan966
3.8 v6 engine

Chuy16
Sorry about d confusion

Chuy16
Ok if you are going to keep the trans and factory computer then the V-6 has to go back. Now you have options like the 4.2 liter stroke and lots of after market stuff you add to it as I have to mine. I also have the V-6 and it does 13.6 and lower in the quarter at 99.6 mph give or take I just was givin a turbo from a friend that will be my next power adder. I also get 22 mpg in town and around 30+ on the hwy with a 5 spd trans. So tell me what are your plans for you car? What are you wanting a V-8 or keep the V-6 or?

Racefan966
Right now how gas is ya ill keep it for now as a v6 later probly up graded

Chuy16
Ok so then there you have it. Now I would get a good one from your local wrecking or salvage yard and make sure everything you need it there. They will know what yrs will fit what so no worries there. Then you do a flowmaster dual catback, bbk does a air intake and big bore throttle body. Mustangs unlimited and latemodel restoration has lots of parts for it too as does summit. It is what ever you want to do. As I tell people when I am asked what should I do, build it your way it is your car and you have to like it. I get crap for a V-6 till I leave them behind and pass the gas station, but it is my car and thats what matters. After the turbo I should have around 400hp and still get upper 20's for mpg.

Racefan966
Nice thnx

Chuy16
Page 1 of 2