HIGH IDLE

1995 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic •

I have a 1995 f159 5.0L v8 and ever since I got it last winter it has idled at around 1100 rpms in park/neutral and when in drive/reverse it goes down to between 700 ans 600 rpms. Any suggestions? Also just doesn't seem to have the power it should like my girlfriends 99 has way more throttle response and power.
Swenson

Clean out the idle air control valve with carb cleaner and the MAF sensor w/electronic cleaner CRC and see what happens-

How do I clean the sensor just spray it in?

Swenson
Well the best way to do it is to remove the iac via two 8mm bolts, then after you have it off, spray or pour some seafoam or basic intake cleaner down into the openings, then hold your thumbs over the holes while shaking the iac to help loosen the "crud", then dump out the excess and blast it a second time just for good measure. Bolt it back up and let her rip. But make sure the gasket is still in place. U must remove the maf sensor to clean it properly by removing the 2 safety torx screws. Only use electric or maf cleaner. Then 2 diodes should be nice and shiny afterwards. Hope this helps, as my 95 f150 has acted up like this before.

James Hayes