MY KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE AND ALARM STOPPED WORKING ON MY 95 AFTER I REPLACED THE BATTERY CABLE THE KEY PAD ON THE DOOR ALSO QUIT

1995 Ford Explorer • 120,000 miles

I replaced the battery cable and the key pad on the door, the keyless remote and the alarm stopped working
Tazdev_001

Did you hook the cables up wrong? Check the maxi fuses under the hood, sounds like one of these was blown during the cable swap.

Merlin2021
Email contact form: tazdev_001 no the cables dint get crossed I only changed 1 cable. In the past when dealing with alarms and removing a cable the alarm will go off when reinstalling the cable. There are no blown fuses.I tried reprograming and it will not go into the mode

2CarPros Mike
I want you to try removing the negative cable then the positive, then touch them together, hook up positive, then after a few minutes the negative, then try a reprogram.

Merlin2021
I tried what you said but the thing will not go into program mode
maybe I dont have the correct information on how to get into the program mode as I have found a few different ones but I do hear soomthing clicking in the rear as im turning the key on and off
also the unit was working two minutes before I changed the cable

Tazdev_001
Can you send me an email with 95 ford in the subject to merlin2021@comcast. Net I can email you a complete diagnostic proceedure.

Merlin2021
Which cable and what steps did you do to replace it?

Merlin2021
It was the neg cable I unhooked it from the battery unbolted it fron the core support then from the engine then the reverse for itnstall

Tazdev_001