MY STARTER WILL NOT TURN OVER

1995 Ford Escort • 13,000 miles

I have a 1995 ford escort and the motor wont start or even turn over. I have a new battery and had my starter check out at auto zone and its fine. When I try to start car, I hear a little something from the starter but it wont turn engain. Tried to get tested my EDIS module but they cant. What else can I try.
Gary Teaford

What do you hear from the starter? Just a clicking noise, rattling or what?

Make sure connection on battery is good if you have power inside the car and starter wont turn then it sounds like the starters bad

Matttyw20
If confident the starters good then trace wires that are going to the starter and check for breaks

Matttyw20
The starter makes a slow wineing sound, like its not get enough power to ingage starter. Today we ran a wire stright from battery to starter. No Dif. Did hear a click sound from EDIS

Gary Teaford
Weak battery, bad starter motor, poor cable connections or ground circuit are possible causes of the symptoms described. Bench test are not conclusive for starter motors. Try a jump start to see if it works.

I also am having the same problem. And I am going to run the wire to wire from the starter to the battery which side do I need to hook the cable to the positive or neg. Side I believe its the positive side please let me know as soon as you get this thanks
Cory.

Corygiacoletto
Running a wire for cranking would mean battery voltage, positive side.

I ran the wire to the battery and still nothing. No noise nothing is happening as far as the starter. I hear the fuel pump starting the fan moving but nothing with the starter. I have changed the starter the power battery on the starter and tried by passing the neturial safety switch. Please help.

Corygiacoletto