CHARGING PROBLEMS

1995 Dodge Ram • 150,000 miles

Ok so a couple months ago the regulator in the PCM died so I put in one of those external once and it work fine but then about a week ago the volts were going from 14 to 12 it got to the point were if I was not hitting the gas then it stayed at 12 just batt then today it stop charging altogether so had the alternator check and it was bad got a new one and a new batt but still not charging I have gone over every thing like 50 times for the life of me im lost?
Dannyjay74

YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT MY "THING".I'M A JEEP CJ AND OLD FORD KINDA FELLER

I CAN, HOWEVER, GET YOU WIRING DIAGRAMS FROM "MITCHELL I" IF YOU WANT ME TO

I SCANNED THRU IT, AND FOUND I NEED MORE INFO FROM YOU TO GET THE PROPER DIAGRAM (CHARGING SYSTEM). OR OTHERS YOU MIGHT WANT

I'M ASSUMING YOU HAVE A "R1500".I NEED THE ENGINE TYPE AND SIZE ALSO. AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL STUFF THAT MIGHT STEER ME TO THE RIGHT PAGES IN THERE

THESE ARE GREAT DIAGRAMS. HAVE LOCATIONS OF COMPONENTS AND THE WIRE COLORS ARE LISTED

MAYBE THE DIAGRAM(S) WILL DISPLAY SOMETHING YOU MISSED

I THOUGHT THAT, AT MINIMUM, I COULD HELP YOU IN THIS WAY.I'LL STICK WITH CARBURETION !

SEEMS THAT THE JEEP CJs JUST AIN'T BREAKING VERY OFTEN, SO I HAVE TO SEARCH FOR OTHER STUFF TO ANSWER

1995 Ram 1500 5.9L 4x4 auto all power

Dannyjay74
OK ---DOWN TO "TWO" DIAGRAMS

1) 5.9 CHARGING CIRCUIT DIESEL

2) 5.9 CHARGING CIRCUIT.(GUESSING GAS?)

TAKE YOUR PICK

MIDNIGHT HERE. SACK TIME

SHOULD YOU DESIRE ANY OTHERS, BE SPECIFIC W/ THE SYSTEM (AND DIESEL OR GAS), THERE ARE HUNDREDS, I CAN'T GET 'EM ALL!

MAY BE TOMORROW EVENING BEFORE I CAN GET BACK ON. DAUGHTER, NOW 26 YEARS OLD, ARRIVING HERE FROM AR AT 1300 HRS. PIC OF HER AT 10 YEARS OLD, ABOUT TO DRIVE HER "OLD BUDDY"."WILLY" (THAT'S HER BIRTHDAY ON THE HOOD)

LEMME KNOW IF THIS HELPS

Thank you ill take another try at it in the morning.

Dannyjay74