DODGE DAKOTA SENSOR PROBLEM

1995 Dodge Dakota • 180,000 miles

Does a 4cyl 2.5 L with a 5 speed have a Crankshaft Sensor the truck does have a distributor and if it does were is it because I can not find it
Djt222

Try this

Checked Mit1 you don't have one -what's the problem no spark?

Whoa-where in tarnation did you get that-Roy-look into the 2.5L not listed of having one

The problem is its not starting. It turns over but wont start. It has spark and the fuel pump is working. What happened was I was driving and the truck just died did this once before and I got the truck towed home and after doing nothing it started and never found the problem fast forward a month and it happened again.

Djt222
Check the fuel pressure if its within specs with a gauge and also check if the injectors are pulsing, also refer to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

A friend and I put the truck on a computer and came up with it possably being a MAP sensor what are your thoughts?

Djt222
I don't think the MAP sensor will prevent it from starting-maybe cause it to run rich and burn more fuel and surging

Did you ever find out what was causing your issue? I'm going through the same thing now. Please let me know, I'm at a total loss here and have no idea what step to take next, except throwing countless dollars at it.

Thanks,
Mark
themailman66ss@gmail. Com

Bandabiscuit