8V

1995 Daewoo Nexia • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 80,000 miles

The engine suddenly cuts off after starting normally. I mannaged to start it again but it couldn't keep running even with keeping higher revs. The ignition rotor was the problem 2 days ago-the car stopped working during driving so I changet it- can you help by telling me what is the problem? I can't even start the the car to take it to a mechanic : )))
DejanJURAK

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing