CHEVY

1995 Chevrolet Silverado

1995 Chevy Silverado wants to keep stalling when driving what could this be?
Ohio hunter

So it wants to stall while your just driving down the road?Also any codes in the computer?

Yes just wants to stall have not got any code reads on it yet just got the truck

Ohio hunter
Will it restart when it stalls out?Lets see if there are any codes in the computer?

Yes it will restart it only stalls when you get to 30mph. But when you give it gas it goes with no problem

Ohio hunter
Maybe a failing egr valve?Try unhooking the egr then driving it to see how it runs?Also see if there is any codes in the computer?

Okay I will try that tomorrow and post how things work out thank you

Ohio hunter
Your welcome keep me posted.

I took the hoas eoff the egr valve. And it did not stall the other owner said he put a brand new egr valve on with I can see it is new. Do you think it could be the throttle position sensor. My check engine light iss not on. Thanks for your help

Ohio hunter
Just a update.I took some carb cleaner and cleand it real good and the truck is runing fine.

Ohio hunter
The egr valve?If so and it was just replaced they cleared the carbon when they changed it.I like to remove the egr and start it for a few seconds then put the new egr valve back on.