SS ENGINE PROBLEMS

1995 Chevrolet Impala • V8 2WD Automatic • 127,654 miles

I have a 1995 chevy impala V8 5.7L OHV I just bought. My car was making a loud rattling noise in the engine. My neighbor says it was a lifter. As I was driving the engine stalled and emptyed out all the motor oil. Think u can help me some tips on what the problem really is and if its worth fixing?
Nescio1013

You say it lost all the oil, can you say where from? Was it all at once, over a period of time, is the engine still running?

Mhpautos
The oil came out of the rear part of the engine near the tansmission and I lost the oil spratikly within approx. 50 yards. The car is not running I try to start it but no luck. It sounds like if a dead battery but its brand new and on the secont try u could hear the sparkpluggs trying to ignite.

Nescio1013
You may have torn a rear main oil seal, if you ran the engine dry of oil you may have done some serious damage, I would pull the spark plugs out and see if th engine will turn over, let me know if it will or not, try turning by hand as well.

Mhpautos