TCC SOLENOID

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier • 167,000 miles

I have a 95 Chevrolet cavalier. 2.2 4 cyl auto. It's been stalling when I come to a stop after driving for 20 to 30 minutes. I had hesitation /loss of power issues as well as difficulty with cold start ups. I've had the fuel pump/fuel filter, the battery, the ignition control module changed. I even unplugged the TCC solenoid the way many have suggested. The hesitation/loss of power issues and difficulty with cold start ups disappeared. For a couple of weeks I was even able to drive it for more than 30 minutes without it stalling. But then the stalling came back at stops after 20 minutes of driving. The check battery and check oil lights came on at the time of the stall. Someone told to me to put fuel injector cleaner in and I test drove the car for 45 minutes with no problems. But after parking for a minute and starting the car again the check engine light came back on after 3 minutes of driving. Do I need to simply have the TCC solenoid replaced or is the check engine light coming on a side effect of unplugging the tcc solenoid? I had the car scanned more than once but no codes came up. I've taken the car to more than one mechanic but no solutions. Thanks for any help you can give me.
David610

The ECU should be holding a code if the light has been on, secondly just unplugging the TTC wire may not alter the issue if located there, as the solenoid valve may be stuck in and disconnecting power may not drop it out, a live data rear will show if the solenoid is working correctly, start here and do a full tune as well let me know what you find.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the fast response. What is a live data rear? Is that a different kind of scan? The problem is the check engine light does not stay on. It comes on after the car have been driven for 20-30 and now 45 minutes. After the mechanic shut the car off and start it back up the check engine light will go out. The scan didn't produce any codes while the light was on or off. In the mean time I'll take your advice about the full tune up and check back with you. Thanks again.

David610
Sorry should have read live Data read, many scanners can give real time information on all systems, they can plug it in and go for a drive and watch the systems working via the scanner.

Mhpautos