I HAVE A RADIO THAT HAS BEEN LOCKED. WILL THE ODB2 RECEIVER NOT REGISTER THE SCAN TOOL UNTIL THE RADIO IS UNLOCKED?

1995 Chevrolet Camaro • 160,000 miles

I have a 1995 Chevy Camaro that the battery died and now the radio is locked. I also have since then have had the service engine light come on. The ODB2 scanner states that it doesn't register if the ignition is on to complete the scan. Is this due to the radio being locked?
Lseyler

It shouldn't be. Pull the fuse for the stereo. Leave it out long enough and it may clear the locked condition.

Rivermikerat
Just to add to this one you said you were using a obd2 scanner on a 1995 gm car which would be obd1 not obd2 so there is part of your problem. Some of the 1995 gm cars had a hybrid connector on them meaning that they had a obd2 style connector but were still obd1 cars. So you would need a scan tool that can read american obd1 cars. So what make and model scan tool do you have?

I have the innova 3120 odb1 and odb2, but the odb1 is a different attachment then that is in the car. I did see the hybrid 1.5 deal on the net. Do you know where I might find one so I can take car of my issue?

Lseyler
I see that scan tool says most popular up to 1995 obd1 it doesnt say anything about the hybrid. Iam not sure if that scan tool will read your car. Heres your best bet go to innovas website and send them a email tell them which scan tool you have and which car you. Let them know its the hybrid connector and ask them if it will work for your car. Keep us posted on what you find out about it.

I called them this morning and they stated that it just won't work and they have no fix. I contacted autozone who stated that cordone has something but no description. They are calling cordone and will call me back. I also found through a forum that you can jump the plug to work.

Lseyler
I posted the info I have about jumping the connector to read the codes.I know the obd1 style connector is jump able but the hybrid one is a different story I have never jumped one.