ELECTRICAL GHOST

1995 Chevrolet Blazer • 4.3L V6 4WD Automatic • 175,000 miles

My 95 blazer started acting up, I know it is a short or bad ground, just do not know where to start. Problem is, when I step on the brake, it kills the power to the radio for a instant, the circuits that are effected by this are the following. Radio, hazard lights, rear defogger and power seats. If I step on the brake it happens, if I turn on the rear defogger it happens, if I open the door while vehicle is running it happens, and if I turn on the hazzard flashers it happens. I know it is a short, just have no idea where to start looking.
Cowboy14024

Clean battery terminal ends first then check battery to body ground. You will have to try to eliminate areas when it happens to find the short or if something was installed recently in dash and screws were used check for a pinched harness or screwsgoing into harness.

That is why I am stumped, cleaned battery terminals, cleaned the grounds coming off the battery to the block, the frame, and the body. Nothing has been installed recently. I find it strange that it effects the circuits that it does. I have heard but have not found that there is a ground buss somewhere on the vehicle, but have not been able to find it as of yet. Still scratching my head over this one. Thanks for the reply

Cowboy14024
Ost of those circuits ground at athe right rear cylinder head except lights which ground at l&r rad support and lr frame rail the rear defogger goround at frame rail in rear and lh cylinder head. But checkaround dash for a pinched harness.

Here are all the ground locations in the car.

GROUNDS LOCATION
G100 Lower RH front of engine
G101 On RH radiator support
G102 Rear of RH Cylinder Head
G102 Rear of LH Cylinder Head
G102 Rear of RH Cylinder Head
G102 Rear of LH Cylinder Head
G102 Rear of RH Cylinder Head
G103 RH front frame rail
G104 Rear of RH Cylinder Head
G104 Rear of LH Cylinder Head
G104 Rear of RH Cylinder Head
G104 Rear LH Cylinder Head
G105 Rear RH Cylinder Head
G106 Rear of LH Cylinder Head
G107 RH side of bulkhead, near Blower Motor Resistor
G110 RH front frame rail
G125 On LH radiator support
G126 On RH radiator support
G130 On LH radiator support
G180 On LH radiator support
G410 LH rear frame rail
G410 Rear frame rail
G415 LH rear frame rail
G420 RH frame rail near Fuel Tank
G427 LH frame rail, near Fuel Tank
G452 LH rear frame rail
G475 LH rear frame rail

Wrenchtech
Thanks "Hmac300" and "Wrenchtech" that gets me pointed in the right direction. Little to snowy up here in WNY to try to get to it now, going to try to get my hands on the electrical schematic and start my probing. I have to guess that it is a ground issue, because it will correct itself after a couple of pushes on the brake peddle as if it is arcing and finally making the connection. But then it is right back to where it was to start with.

Cowboy14024
Hate to be a pain, could you point me in the direction of that ground on the RH cylinder? Trying to locate it from the top not having any luck
Thanks again

Cowboy14024
Thanks Wrenchtech but now that power is all gone, and can not shift into 4wd I will have to bundle up and see if I can find that ground, hoping that was all that it is
Thanks again

Cowboy14024
Even the horn won't work now

Cowboy14024
Last question and I apologize for being a pain in the. I am working outside in negative windchill temperatures. Is there a way to jump that ground wire to see if it is the ground after all? I am unable to get to the back of the engine, and was wondering as I said if there is a place I can tap into it and ground is somewhere else.
I have lost power to the horn, the radio, the interior lights, the power seats, and the 4wd will not shift now. Thanks again for your input, hopefully it will warm up and I can dig into it a little more.

Cowboy14024
Page 1 of 2