CRACKED CYLINDER HEAD

1995 BMW 525i • 2WD Automatic • 140,000 miles

My son's 1995 bmw 525i wagon has a cracked cylinder head. The estimate he was given for repair is 3600-. He doesn't have the $ to fix it. Can he sell the car for parts and get a decent amount of money for the rest of the car like the tires, parts of the engine etc?
Edupuy

If u sell ur whole car then ur nt getting the desent amount, it is gud to sell the part by part, thats a gud idea to earn desent money, ok dued

Nashif143
You have posed a good question. The car will be worth little if the enegine is compromised, a cracked cylinder head is certainly a major repair. The question is, "What does the car have the ability to generate, as far as money, in it's present condition?" There are several venues to offload your wagon, the market can be strong for the car due to it's unique nature, the E34 wagon is desireable. Craigslist and Ebay come to mind, how much effort you are willing to put into it is up to you.

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks for these responses. He has gotten 3 and1/2 years worth of driving out of the vehicle. Although it's not in pristine condition, the wheels, interior uphoustery, some engine parts etc seem good. Would he need a mechanic to dismantle the car? - Because a friend's dad is a mechanic.

Edupuy
I would develop the market before considering taking any of it apart.

Dr. Hagerty