AUDI 90 WINDOW PROBLEM

1995 Audi 90 • 160,000 miles

Power windows, sunroof, and lights to those switches work intermittently.
So as the question says, my power windows and sunroof work intermittently. I have a thought why that I want to run by. My ignition is kind of funny in that when I start my car I have to turn the key to the left an 1/8th inch as it starts in order to get the starter to stop engaging and my headlights and heater to work. Otherwise if I just let go of the key when it starts the starter will continue to be engaged and the headlights and heater/ac fan wont turn on. I have a feeling that this may be the root of my intermittent window/sunroof problem as well. Am I on the right track or is there a more common problem I can check to get the windows working 100% before I can get a new ignition?

Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate it.
Norcal