FORGOT HOE THE WIRES GO ON THE STARTER IN MY I KNOW THE LIL ONE GOES ON THE LIL TERMINAL HOW DOES THE OTHER 3 GO?

1994 Volvo 850 • 150,000 miles

Forgot to mark em
Jonsmith8608

Two red on large terminal green small wire on solenoid

Docfixit
Ok but I have another wire which is the same size as the green one and it has a thing on end to go on stud with the power cables is that right? I changed the starter and it tries to start but wont fire up

Jonsmith8608
Wiring diagram only shows two red and one green. You say 4 wires? What color is this wire?

Docfixit
Its like grey or black the starter is working it just doesnt want to fire up now

Jonsmith8608
Only three wires are shown. Where does wire go? Can you find what it connects to? Have you checked for spark at plugs? And does fuel pump opertae?

Docfixit
Ok see if you can answer this for me ok I put a brand new starter in when we try to start it it acts slike I tneeds more fuel to start after fighting it stepping on gas pedal alot when cranking it fires up it has fuel pressure in the rail it ran good and started up good for a day and last night it did it again what could this be? And what is the cylynder looking thing that is right next the the throttle cable and pcv valve?

Jonsmith8608
Whats happining? Been away cylinder should be Idle speed controler any idle issues? No problem till starter R&R? What was forth wire?

Docfixit