ENGINE NOISE

1994 Toyota Landcruiser • 174 miles

Hi,
i have a 94 Land Cruiser, starts with a engine noise, I went to the mechanic and he told me the noise is under valve cover. He said probably is the cam bearings caps so i'll like know if this is possible? I don't want waste my time and money.
Thank you
Morcelle

Without opening up you would not know what is wrong. There is a possibility adjusting the valves would solve the problem.

Could be but you need someone to remove the valve cover and make sure of the failure instead of guessing

Thank you for your fast answers, i'll wait for the final revision without valve cover and I come back. Thank you again

Morcelle
Very rear for cam caps to fail, only if you have had a low oil pressure problem would you expect this, possibly valve clearance's are getting a little excessive or a possible broken valve spring can also cause a sudden rattle to start.

Mhpautos