TOYOTA COROLLA STEERING PROBLEM

1994 Toyota Corolla • 276,000 miles

"A good and cheap beater car for upcoming winter! Car is currently at 276k. It needs some work but still runs and can still get you from point A to point B without a problem. No accidents with this car. 4-cyl, 1.8 Liter, FWD, automatic transmission, A/C and heat work fine, power locks, power windows, am/fm cassette radio, tilt wheel, and a cloth interior. Gets 23 mpg city/31 mpg hwy.

Car has some major rust spots, scratches, and a few dents, as well as all the other usual wear and tear. There is a leak with the transmission and with the power steering. Car can drive without power steering fluid but makes steering wheel hard to turn. I have had to top off both fluids whenever they are needed. Transmission shifts hard when put into drive. There is also a crack in the windshield. I just haven't had any time or money to fix and invest anything else in this car."

That is the ad for a car I am thinking about buying. I don't know a lot about cars so I would like to know if those problems are going to be expensive. Is the car worth getting?

Pass on it and look elsewhere. A real money pit