WHEN MY CAR RICHES AT ITS WARM OPERATING TEMPERATURE THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AND IT STARTS TO BACKFIRE WHEN I TAKE MY FOOT OF THE EXHILARATO

1994 Toyota Corolla • 24,560 miles

When my car riches at its warm operating temperature the service engine light comes on and it starts to backfire when I take my foot of the exhilarator paddle what can be the cause of this seeing that I just overhauled my car?
Jcwilly

It is a toytota conquest 4AFE engine.

Jcwilly
The "check engine" light is an indicator for a system that monitors many electronic functions in the system, also called the "malfunction indicator lamp" (MIL). It can come on for any of hundreds of different causes from any of the systems that the computer monitors. Some are very important and can lead to further component or engine damage and some are emissions related not as serious but still a problem and need to be repaired.

Your first step is to have the computer scanned to retrieve the trouble codes that were set when the check engine light came on. Those codes will give you specific information about what the computer saw and will get you pointed in the right direction to find your problem. Once you have these code numbers, we can be a lot more specific about what your problem may be.

Wrenchtech
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/toyota-trouble-code-definitions-and-code-gathering-method-1990-1995

Try above for code retrieval.