TEMP LIGHT BLINKING

1994 Saturn SW1 • 180,000 miles

The car was overheating. We fixed the fan and the thermostat. The car quit overheating, but now the temp light blinks. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you.
Jackyl024

The first thing you need to do is check the coolant level is it low?Let me know what you find.

I filled it the water up still flashing

Jackyl024
Was it low when you checked it just now?If so turn the key off and on see if it goes off. If it doesnt and its still on and full to the seam of the bottle. Then go into the under hood fuse box see if the back up fuse is good. Let me know what you find.

I hate to sound stupid but which one is the back up fuse?

Jackyl024
Iam sorry I miss spoke they started the back light fuse in 1995 and you have a 1994. Unplug the coolant levelsensor in the bottom of the coolant bottle. Then carefully jump the two terminals on the coolant level sensor harness together make sure you dont open the opening of the terminals on the harness. Not the sensor on the coolant bottle then while its jumped start the car and see if the light is off. If it is then you need to replace the coolant bottle.