94 REAR ISSUE

1994 Saturn SW1 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 200,000 miles

My 94 Sat. Sw1 had something break in the rear drivers side tire area when I pulled in my drive way; there was a loud clank of metal breaking and clashing. I reversed a little and the same clanking noise happened. The wheel was "shaking violently" and made a loud clanking any time you hit a small bump. Upon removing the tire a piece that went from the back of the wheel hub (about 2 1/2 feet long) and conncected to the underside of the backseat area had broken close to the wheel. A friend welded it for a temp. Fix but now we can not find the proper replacement to make it safe for my children again. We've been told its a control arm, a stablilizer bar, a tie rod all by differen't mechnics. But none of these seem to fit when we look up parts online, most show up as front end parts. PLEASE HELP
Brennaw

Anyway you can post a pic of it I think I know what your talking about I just want to be sure. It has a nut that holds it to the knuckle straight rod to the body with two bolts holding it there?

I don't have a pic of it off hand. But yes thats exactly what it is! : )

Brennaw