PONTIAC TRANS AM DISTRIBUTOR PROBLEM

1994 Pontiac Trans Am • 150,000 miles

Today I was driving down the road and the car just died. This is not the first time, either---this is third time, just shuts off and won't start. About ten minutes later, it will crank. On moist mornings it will skip a little until I gas it hard a few times, then it seems okay. I have already had the distributor changed twice because that was what the mechanic said was wrong. This was twice in one year. What might be causing this problem? Is there a way to bypass the distributor and put in a coil pack, or would it be easier and more cost effective to fix the problem, if that is the problem? I can't have a car leaving me walking every day. I would be quite upset to have to pay for the same thing again and that NOT be the problem. That would make it three times this year. It has to be another problem. Please advise.
Chris Garrin
770-654-3210
GarrinConst@aol. Com
ChrisGarrin

Ok, when it does not start, does it have power? Does it crank?