I HAVE A BATTERY DRAIN AND NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIND IT ?

1994 Mitsubishi Expo • 15,022 miles

I drve the car and it will drain my battery, I changed the altornator new battery cables new battery and it still drain it to much to start and keep running for more than 20 minutes
Tempestcar

Have the alternator load tested and double check all connections/wiring on the alternator and battery

The altornator was changed twice and the cables are new too I just changed them on wensday. And it still has this problem and it is drive me nuts

Tempestcar
Okay check the availble voltage at the battery with a voltmeter while engine is running and tell me what's the voltage

I did that and it shows 12.85 on the voltmeter and when the car is off it is 12.40

Tempestcar
Your alternator is not reconditioning the battery -double check wiring

Ok I will thank you.

Tempestcar
Check the crank pulley for a bad harmonic damper. If the pulley is bad, the alternator would not be able to provide the required charge as it is turning below the required speed.