AC REPAIR TIME

1994 Mercedes Benz 500sl • V8 2WD Automatic • 82,000 miles

What is the estimated repair time to replace a 94 SL 500 evaporator coil, expansion valve and filter dryer?
Rikv

I can't give you the actual repair hrs they would charge you for but I can give you a estimate they woud charge for labor if you give me your zip code.

32955, Rockledge, FL

Rikv
Just looking for an estimated time the repair should take.

Rikv
So are you just looking for how long it will take you to make those repairs if so thats hard to say dont know your skill level etc some people would take double or triple the time someone else would. Would you like to know of this is a job you should try to tackle yourself.

Have no desire to do myself, Just simply would like to know about how long it should take an experienced mechanic to complete it. I understand it takes different time for different people, just looking for a ballpark time.

Rikv
The evaporator core is 1149-1466 for labor divided by say 80 per hr by the 1149 would be 14.4hrs. The expasion valve would be part of the evap repair and the drier I dont have a listing but just to be safe 1.5hrs plus 1.4 for evacuate and recharge. Also again will depend on how long it takes by how good the guy is at replacing those parts on those cars. They charge set labor times for replacing parts its not based on how long the guy replacing it takes.

Thank you

Rikv
Your welcome sorry about the mix up I was just try to make sure I was answering the question you were asking and not just assuming I knew what you were asking and giving you the wrong answer.