MX-6 / AUTOMATIC TO MANUEL TRANSMISSION SWAP

1994 Mazda MX6 • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 110,000 miles

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNT,

I RECENTLY DID A TRANNY SWAP FROM AUTO INTO MANUAL ON MY MAZDA MX6. CAR MANAGED TO START AFTER I DID A BY-PASS, BUT IT IDDLES A LITTLE TOO ROUGH. I CHECKED FOR VACUM LEAKS AND THERE ARE NONE TO BE FOUND. CHECKED FOR LEAKS AROUND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AND NONE COULD BE FOUND. MY ENGINE LIGHT IS OFF MEANING I DONT HAVE AN ENGINE PROBLEM. WE DISCONECTED A VACUM LINE TO TEST, AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, PUT IT BACK, AND THE LIGHT TURNED OFF. IVE HEARD THAT SOME HAVE SWAPED THEIR TRANNY AND DID NOT HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR PCM/ECM BUT IM HAVING DOUBTS AND IM THINKING ITS THE COMPUTER THATS GIVING ME THE PROBLEM. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU GUYS COULD HELP WITH THIS ONE.

THANKS
Kronosed

The PCM is looking for the transmission so that is a strong possibility. Also, check to make sure no wires were pinched or damaged during the change over.