WHAT'S THE LABOUR TIME TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE CHASSIS?

1994 Jeep Wrangler • 110,000 miles

Hi, how many hours jeep official manuals indicate as labour time to replace the entire chassis on a 94 jeep wrangler 4L manual transmission? (Removing the body, all the running gear, engine, brake lines, wiring, etc and move all this stuff to a new one) thanks
Dukeshad

It sounds like you are replacing a frame. I don't have a jeep manual, but what I have adds up to about 30 hours. There are a lot of things that need changed and moved.

Wait for the Medic to come in, AKA as the Jeepman-he might know

THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE, RAZ

NEG--I DO THIS KINDA STUFF AT LEISURE

MIGHT TAKE QUITE A WHILE/ MANY WEEKENDS

OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHY ARE YOU DOING IT?

"WILLY" WAS A 2 YEAR PROJECT, FROM THE GROUND UP. FUNDAGE WAS MY EVIL ENEMY. MOSTLY KEEPING THE EVIL 1ST WIFE OUT OF MY "PROJECT FUND"

Please forgive CJ. It took 2 years because his eyes were closed. Raz works with his eyes closed too, that us why he recommended him.
Lol

Honestly, shop rate should be around 30 hours to switch out a frame.

CJ, you best come up with something I didn't recommend you for nothing-I don't care if you have to scrath it out of Joe-lmao, Report back your SitRep ASAP when I open my eyes as stated

Thanks very much for your interest.
Addiotional infos: for example last year I went to my jeep dealer for a recall,
there was a well known issue with the emergency brake pedal. When the job was done I received a document with the invoice on

which the problem was described, how to replace step-by-step, part number and exact timing. I mean, every part has a code and a

timing. On professionals programs every part is catalogued and labeled, with cost, number, and time. My problem is i'm not in the

us and here in italy my car is not an ordinary car, so mechanics and other have few infos, and the less for an almost 20 year old

vehicle. For commercial vechicles and other cars this timings are present (maybe i'll use one for a similar car).
I wonder what is the this time for the frame, as the manuals consider the frame like others parts.
(i see many sell it for restauration pourposes too).
I know it's a crazy request, and nobody sane mechanic, professional nor bodyshop will afford a job so long and expensive.
I need this info for a simple reason, I had a road accident.
And I need to estimate repair costs for have the insurance refund.
Here somebody tells that this time is around 15/20 hours, one hour ago I was called by and official repair shop which
told me almost 50, but nothing precise or formal.
I know it's not properly the same but last year I stripped down a cj3 in my garage with few tools and in about 3 days ( 20h),
but unfortunately i'm not and expert, only an enthusiast and obviously this is not enought for an insurance company ; )

Dukeshad
AS FAR AS PAPER MANUALS, YOU COULD PROBABLY GET A CHILTONS OR A HAYNES MANUAL ONLINE SPECIFIC TO YOUR WRANGLER....SORTA LIKE MINE N THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

IF YOU GOTTA JEEP, YOU REALLY SHOULD HAVE A MANUAL---THE COOL THING ABOUT THIS SITE BELOW IS THEY HAVE SCANNED THE ORIGINAL AMC JEEP CJ MANUALS (WHICH ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL MANUALS FOR A CJ, I HAVE AN ORIGINAL PAPER MANUAL FOR 1979)----SINCE THEY POSTED THE CJ STUFF, THEY ALSO HAVE ADDED OTHER NEWER MODELS LIKE YOURS.

DON'T FRET, IF YOURS IS NOT LISTED YEAR-WISE...JUST GO UP OR DOWN A YEAR FOR YOUR INFO

USE THE SECOND SECTION DOWN..."ONLINE REPAIR MANUAL"

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm

WITHOUT BUYING A MANUAL--THIS WILL PROBABLY BE THE MOST UP TO DATE AND MOST THOROUGH REFERENCE YOU CAN GET FOR YOUR JEEP

TO AVOID BEING THE "VICTIM" NEXT TIME, YOU NEED TO BEEF UP YOUR FRONT END AND GET A "TRAIN HORN" (WHEN USED, YOU WILL DOMINATE ANY "HORN BATTLE" ON THE ROAD, EVERYONE WILL HAVE YOUR FULL ATTENTION!) AS I HAVE ON MY '77 CJ 5....SEE PICS BELOW

I DO WANT YOU TO RETURN AN TELL US WHETHER THE "MORRIS 4X4" ONLINE MANUAL IS WHAT YOU WERE NEEDING, OR IF YOU THINK IT WILL AID YOU

jacobandnickolas AND razmataz ARE HELPFUL......BUT THEY ARE JEALOUS TOO, I'M PRETTY SURE THEY DON'T HAVE A JEEP!

WAITING ON YOUR REPLY

Unfortunately chiltons and haynes are pure repair manuals,
with no "timings". These times are present only on
official chrysler/jeep books I think.
Anyway i've some for tjs, cherokees and z/wjs (in pdf - for a swap project i'm going to start on another yj. That will receive 5.2/5.9 or, if i'll find dimensions and weights, a 190kw less thirsty 4.7ho powertech)
For sure in the next order i'll purchase a real paper one. And for sure next shopping will be at Morris in FL, I already bought there many times.
For my problem I think i'll go as Jacobandnickolas said,
for similar cars this kind of swap is stated around 28/34 hours.

In the front end I had a square steel tube 4-3/4 * 1-1/2".4 millimeters thick I made last year, bent and shaped like a warn one with 5mm flange mounts. It was the only part not damaged in the crash ahah

for the train horn. It also will be installed as your advice

i'll keep in touch, i'll post news and thank you very much for your willingness

Luca

Dukeshad
Hi: What part of Italy are you located in? I have a lot of family there. As far as Raz and CJ, they are good guys. Cj should get you fixed up.

North east, 70miles away from Venice. 30 from usaf Aviano base

Dukeshad