I GOT THE CODE OF 125155 AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PROBABLE CAUSES

1994 Jeep Cherokee • 233,000 miles

I have a 94 jeep cherokee. Inline 6 4.0 liter 4wd and I got the code 125155. I know that 55 is the end of the message and 12 means it has been reset recently and also the air/fuel is at limit. This is told by the code of 51 but I need to know probable causes. I replaced the fuel filter and it was pretty clogged. I miss my jeep and need it fixed soon! I've also done a complete tune up within the month.
Kbrook

12 = battery was disconnected within the last 50 key cycles

51 = fuel system lean (check for vacuum leaks)

55 = end of error messages

Alright thanks you and I forgot to say that it starts (sometimes) and randomly dies like you are shutting it off with the key when you really aren't.

Kbrook
Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Is it staying within spec? When it doesn't start, are you getting both spark and fuel to the engine?

I'm not sure about the pressure but when we did let off the gas to change the fuel pump there wasn't a lot of pressure while pushing the pin in. It has new spark and cap and rotor and wires. New ignition coil. New ignition sensor. New starter (well its used but its new to my jeep). I don't have a pressure gauge to check it though.

Kbrook
A TRUE PRESSURE READING WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR A DIAGNOSIS

YOU CAN EZily RIG ONE UP LIKE I HAVE (SEE 1ST PIC), BUY ONE, OR POSSIBLY RENT ONE AT AN AUTO PARTS STORE---THE ONLY DRAW BACK OF USING MINE IS IT DOESN'T SCREW ON AND STAY---YOU MUST FORCIBLY HOLD IT ON THE FITTING SO IT DOES NOT LEAK......THIS REQUIRES A 2ND PERSON TO TURN THE KEY TO "ON" OR START IT UP........BUT IT DOES WORK!!!

REMOVE THE AIR CHUCK...AND IT'S AN OIL PRESSURE GAUGE!

HAVE NOT HEARD THE RESULTS OF YOUR VACUUM LEAK SEARCH....HERE'S A METHOD YOU MIGHT TRY.....IT WORKS TOO! (THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO LOOK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMok2y05jNE

LET US KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON