CANT GET NEW ALTERNATOR TO CHARGE

1994 Isuzu Rodeo • 18,600 miles

Thought alternator was bad, replaced it with new one, still wont charge.
Susanpatt26

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Also did you have the new alternator tested before you left the store?

What is the voltage on the battery when the truck is running?
What is it when the truck is not running?
Let me know and I'll try to help more.

Promechanic
Yes took new alternator back 2 times thought I had bad ones. They checked all of them, even my old one, all good. My voltage is straight up and down on guage, seems to be charging. Let run.U can see it draining the battery. Wont charge

Susanpatt26
So what is the actual voltage at the battery idling?With a multimeter not your gauge.

Also have you had the battery tested and made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?

It shows 12 at full charge. But it discharges til it runs it down. Yes put new battery on it. It still does the same thing.

Susanpatt26
So at idle at the battery it reads 12 volts?You have a multimeter correct?

I also need to know the engine size so I can get you a alternator wire diagram.

Engine size is a 3.2 6cyl. Yes the battery is fully charged. Is that what u r askin?

Susanpatt26
Lets get this straight I keep asking do you have a multimeter and haven't gotten a straight answer do you have one?Also to answer your question no thats not what iam asking if the battery is charged.I was asking with the engine idling with a multimeter at the battery cables what is the voltage?