MY 94 LX STALLS EVERYTIME A STOP. BUT STARTS RIGHT BACK UP WHEN I TRY.

1994 Honda Civic • 19,995 miles

Any ideas about what it could be?

it also just started making a squeaking sound. It sounds like its coming out of the engine but it doesn't sound like a belt. It started at the same time as the stalling problem. Any ideas?
Ambergilbert00

Is the check engine light coming On? If so scan the computer for code/s, if any present post them-also refer to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

Either the idling speed is too low or you could have a seized/heavy idler bearing along the beltings.

No the check engine light is not on. It did start to idle below normal but would still stay on, it seems to only stall when I'm driving and then what to stop at a light there for I am not pushing the gas. I was thinking fuel filter maybe? But would that make it idle funny also?

Ambergilbert00
Any ideas about the squeaking?

Ambergilbert00
Check and test the main relay and the ignition switch

Ive never done that before how do I do it?

Ambergilbert00
Lacking electrical experience can get things worst best just bring it in and have it further checked out by an auto electrical specialist

Ok thanks for the advice im going to change the fuel filter myself just in case. Needs it anyway.

Thank you.

Ambergilbert00
You're welcome