WONT START

1994 Honda Accord • 176,000 miles

Sometimes my car won't start. It just clicks Replaced battery and it started for a few days and then stopped. Sometimes when starting it starts and then there is a noise afterwards. I have a remote starter. Would that contribute to the problem.
Charity52

Have your starter checked for draw and if battery seems low have charging system checked.

Thanks. When I purchased the battery four days ago the advance store guy told me that the hand machine they have also checks the stater and it was good. But I was told that the starter had to be taken off to see if is bad. What is checking the starter for draw?

Charity52
It's something a mechanic would do without taking the starter off the car. They hook a machine up and start the car to see how many amps it's drawing if it draws to many amps then the starter would be no good. There are two large fuses underhood for starter so either one of those could be corroded causing a problem. But normally they'arent

Thank you soon much. So I need to have it put on the machine again or what else could it be i? I noticed this morning that you could turn the cable post around the battery weigh your hands. Do you suggest getting new points as well. That wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?

Charity52
You should not be able to turn the battery post with your hands, have a pro look at this.