FUEL PUMP WIRING DIAGRAM

1994 Geo Prizm • 205,000 miles

1994 geo prizm, what is wiring diagram for fuel pump plug. Replaced fuel pump, this required to replace wire plug inside sending unit to pump, now pump comes on after car is turning over, instead of before you try to turn car over. (Normally hear pump a few seconds after turn key on)
I think I may have got wires inside switched, can I switch wires on the plug outside tank, rather than take it all apart again?
thanks, Richard
Ricken23

If you switch the wires further down the loom how will you even know if the wires at the connector that goes to the fuel pump are wired wrong?

It seems to be wired backwards now, fuel pump engages now when the motor turns over not, when turn key on, looking for wire diagram for the plug into sending unit

Ricken23
Do you have a 1.6 or a 1.8L engine?It should run the pump when the key is turned to the run position for a couple of seconds. The power should be to the pump constant while cranking or when the engine is running.

1.6, yup but it is the opposite now, it does not prime the system, it primes when the engine is cranking.

Ricken23
There is only two wires going to the fuel pump the blue wire is the power wire and the white wire with a black stripe is the ground wire. With the engine cranking the fuel pump should have power to the fuel pump.

Thanks, with the help of your color wires, I determined I wired the fuel pump wrong when installing the new one in the tank, I removed pump and changed wires around, yeah works now, thanks again.

Ricken23
Your welcome thats what were here for glad to hear you got it fixed.