WIL NOT CRANK

1994 Ford Ranger • 2.3L 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 168,000 miles

I brought a re man pm for advance auto BWD the truck will not crank it try to sometimes but don't. I was told by advance that it do not have to be flashed because of the year. Is that true?
Dill-11

No it doesn't need to be flashed but cheek your battery for condition including load test autoparts do for free

I boosted it off and cranked it the charged the battery but it's still hard to start. It act like it's not getting gas fuel pump a year old. And I just put 3gals of gas in it. What's wrong? Could it be the wrong pcm. It was cranking fine before now/

Dill-11
Has the battery been checked for condition including load test? Autoparts do fr free. Check starter relay power may not be going through it correctly shold have same voltage both sides when cranking. Check groundsand items pointed out in pic

Everything checked out fine the old pcm cranked it fine every time.

Dill-11
Then either you bet a pin plugging ecm back in and it's not connected check to see if it's sending a signal to let it start.

How do I check that? The starter is turning with the key. I assume it's getting a signal.

Dill-11
What is your real problem? First you put it says it won't crank then with the last reply you said the starter turns over. Does it not run? If that is the case then scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge.

No check engine light on. It's hard to start. When and if I get it started it runs fine. Have to hold the gas paddle down to the floor to start it. It seen like the injectors are not fireing.

Dill-11
Check all the fuses, scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge first. Autoparts rent the gauge. Shold be 28-45 psi key on engine off.