IAC VALVE QUESTION

1994 Ford Ranger

Hi this is Justin I have a problem with stalling when putting in gear on my 1994 Ford ranger with 4.0 and with a a4ld transmission I just wondering can a iac valve can cause my problem I unbolted the valve and turn the key to on to see if it is working I didn't see it was moving I just wondering if this is my problem with stalling when putting in gear
Jrh1986

You wont see it move. It is a common failure. Make sure you set the base isle to 500 rpm before hooking up the iac

To ASEMaster6371 so the valve inside the iac valve won't move when the key is on position no engine running plus I check the valve on ohms it reads 0.02 is this normal readings or not what's the normal readings on ohms for the iac valve. My set on 20 ohms

Jrh1986
Ohms is ok but motor shaft sticks and cannot be serviced.

To ASEMaster6371 sorry for a late asponds so the readings off the iac valve is normal and also the part is bad if the shaft don't move I tried to clean it but it still don't move

Jrh1986
Once again, it is not servicable. You cannot clean the area that is bad. Replace it,