HOW CAN I GET UNIVERSAL JOINTS OUT OF DANA 35 FRONT AXLE SHAFT?

1994 Ford Ranger • 260,000 miles

HELLLLP
after spending over $500.00 in tools and parts to do wheel bearings, ball joints, etc. Etc, the problems are the u joints in the front axle of my ranger. Its a dana 35 and has what look like the original SPICER u joints. Ive done a u joint before these seem impossible.I have the whole shaft already out, and beings I just purchased a 4x4 ball joint remove/install kit, I used it instead of the weak 9" C clamp ive used previously, to press them out, TO NO AVAIL, cannot budge it. Oh, and I have removed all 4 snap rings from the caps. It is my only means of transport and now taken all apart and AT A DEAD STAND STILL. I dont even want to hoof it to the parts store to get replacements until I have at least the one out to compare to what they give me seeings ive been given wrong parts twice before even having started this. HEADACHE.
I tried all of the caps in all directions. NOTHING!
Someone got any good suggestions? Please=)
Me2unow

If you have the retainers out, it shuld come off. How much force have you used? They could be seriously rusted in place.

Using the ball joint press with an 18in breaker bar i've literally had to stand on the shaft while cranking the press with everything ive got and, wont budge. I have no shop vise, hell I dont even have a piece of pipe to make for an extension for the breaker bar.
Ya know ive been told countless times "dont hammer on the any type of driveshaft/flange/yoke" what do you say?
That is about my only option at this point in my eyes, I dont know. I'd rather take the risk of screwin up the axle shaft but ive gotta get it back together. Fixed as it is my only wheels.
I appreciate all advice.

Me2unow
That should read "rather NOT take the risk of screwin up the axle shaft". Sorry bout that

Me2unow
Have you tried heat?

I KINDA HAVE NEVER USED A TOOL MADE FOR THE PROCEDURE, I'M HALF OWNER OF A LARGE PRESS, 8 MILES AWAY...I SELDOM USE IT, EXCEPT ON BEARINGS, OR BIG STUFF.

I HAVE SEVERAL LARGE C-CLAMPS, AND "MR. MONSTER CLAMP", I'M USUALLY ABLE TO DO IT ALL, WITH THEM, AND SAVE THE TRIP, TO MY BUDDY'S SHOP.

SOAKING WITH PENETRATING OIL IS A GOOD THING, I WILL USE HEAT, ONLY IF I HAVE TO, USUALLY MY HAND HELD PLUMBING "TURBO TORCH" W/ MAPP GAS...I PREFER PUSHING, WITHOUT USING THE TORCH

NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR TECHNIQUE, I WILL SHOW YOU MINE, MAKE SURE YOUR "RECEIVER SOCKET" IS LARGE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT THE PART IN MOTION, AND SMALL ENOUGH TO "RIDE" THE RIM OF THE YOKE, STRAIGHT AND LEVEL....NOTHING LIKE PUSHING AGAINST YOURSELF, IF THE PART IN MOTION HAS BOTTOMED OUT, AND CANNOT MOVE!

SEE THE END OF THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1983-ford-f-150-lug-studs

KEEP US INFORMED