ENGINE PROBLEM

1994 Ford Ranger • 121,000 miles

I have 1994 Ford Ranger 4x4 5 speed with 121000 miles on it. Unfortunately it ran hot on me in route to a fishing trip. After noticing the temperature gage had gone all the way over to the red I pulled over to check it out and it was determined that it was leaking from the front freeze plug. I had it towed back home. I had the freeze fixed and now it is leaking down from the top rear of the motor between the trana and engine. It is not smoking, there is no water in the oil, no water coming out the exhaust pipe and doesn't run red hot. As you can see I don't drive it a lot but its in great shape. After getting it diagnosed which would be the wise is way to have repaired short of getting rid of it?
Baumgardner

Can you tell if it is coming from the intake or a head? If you pressurize the cooling system, it will help you locate the leak. Have you tried that?

No I haven't tried to pressurize the cooling system. I just added water ran it until until got hot and noticed the water leaking

Baumgardner
I am sorry the technician that fixed the freeze plug said the head gasket was okay.

Baumgardner
Then I would recommend pressurizing the system so you can locate where the leak is coming from. It could be a heater core hose, intake gasket.