A4LD TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1994 Ford Ranger

Hi I have a 1994 Ford ranger with a 4.0 and a A4ld transmission 2wd my problem is my truck dies when putting in reverse and drive one day I been calling transmission to find out if they know what's causing it some tell me it needs a transmission and I call a repair shops they told me to disconnected the tcc solenoid connecter to see it goes way will I unplugged the connecter to see it fixed it but it didn't still doing the same thing I thought it can be the cooler line be plugged up it wasn't and when I hold the gas pedal down little bit when I put in reverse it went but it acts like something is lockup and dragging feel it dies please help to find the problem
Jrh1986

Shops are right. The converter has locked up from failing and will require rebuilding

To asemaster6371 my question is what is causing my truck to die when put in gear like drive and reverse I know I repeating my previous question but I read and Google it all the results came all talking about the torque converter or tcc solenoid is causing my problem I need to know what's you think it can be and what's causing it

Jrh1986
Ok, the torque converter has failed, as I stated, and is causing the truck to stall in gear. It is a common issue. I had one for 5 years and had the same issue

To asemaster6371 so all I need to do replace the torque converter and it back to normal and fix the problem

Jrh1986
No, as I stated in my first response, it needs to be re built with a new converter. The converter fails and puts metal and all into the rest of the box and it needs to be rebuilt.

To ase master6371 why it needs rebuild the truck drove just fine before this happened the fluid don't smell burnit or and isn't any metal sheavings in the fluid the fluid had been change before it still pink. When you hold the gas pedal a bit while put it in reverse without any brake it went in gear starting to backup and dies same with the drive

Jrh1986