RELAY CONTROL MODULE

1994 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic • 125,000 miles

1994 f-150 5.0 L, 4x4. My speedo, odometer, went out and my auto transmission started******** hard when shifting into higher gear. I had the same problem 3 years ago and I changed a blown fuse (position 18) and it worked fine.
The same problem showed up 6 months ago, but this time the fuse was not blown. I took it to a mechanic who replaced (he said) the relay control module ( part #F6DF-12B577-AA). Does this sound right, and how do I find the location of the module on the truck and how easy is the repair myself if I get the part? Thank you
Salgar444

The part number is for a CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module) but I don't believe the F150 even has one and the cars that did, it housed the A/C relay, cooling fan relay and fuel pump relay, all of which this truck has individually.

Wrenchtech
OK. So how would I go about trying to find out what the problem is?

Salgar444
Sounds like an issue with the Vehicle Speed Sensor but it needs to be diagnosed properly.

Wrenchtech
I understand you want to troubleshoot the VSS. You will need a lab scope for that.

Wrenchtech