TIMING BELT

1994 Dodge Shadow • 2.5L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 150,000 miles

My timing belt snapped on my 94 Dodge Shadow, I was doing about 40 mph. I replaced timing belt, aligned crankshaft and intermediate shaft notches and positioned #1 cylinder at TDC and the car won't start. Noticed that the intermediate shaft was very easy to turn, is that normal? Did some research and read that the intermediate shaft runs the oil pump and distributor. If my oil pump fails, would that effect my distributor and intermediate shaft? Was having a problem with oil delivery in the engine, oil light would be on for a good minute or so before going out and you could hear the lifters until the oil light went out. I've been checking oil regularly and that's been fine.
Jerrymh42

If you cold hear the lifters tha tis definitely not a good sign either bearigns are worn or something along the line of the pump recheck your dist timing it may boff if it is then there may be a n intermediate shaft problem.

The intermediate shaft runs the oil pump and distributor, right? What would happen if the oil pump fails?

Jerrymh42
Kiss your engine goodbye