CAN A BAD CYLINDER LEAD TO BAD HUB OR DESTROY AN ENTIRE HUB ASSEMBLY?

1994 Dodge Caravan • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 120 miles

Had my '94 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3L V6 right-rear wheel cylinder reviewed & after leaving mechanic shop (10-15 mins) later my entire HUB was dismantled while driving. Towed car to shop for repair. Curious to know whether the individual made a costly mistake when re-mounting my wheel or is it known that a bad cylinder could lead to a bad HUB? No prior noise or vibration until the DRUM was removed to view leakage from the cylinder. Please advise. Thank you for your assistance.
Ceelo

No, a bad brake cylinder cannot lead to a bad drum, what I am pretty sure happened is, when they removed the drum they need to remove the bearing cap and bearings etc. When you put it back you need to repack the bearings with grease, without that grease, everything will heat up and decentagrate ( know I didnt spell that right) and literally take the whole tire off, I know because, before I went to school for this, I did it to my own 93 grand caravan. Bad situation

See Diagram is this the hub you question? If yes I know of noway a wheel cylinder replacement would cause hub to fail. Unless it was removed to make acess to cylinder easier. Did nut come off?

Docfixit
Diagram

Docfixit
Im sorry I meant hub not drum

On these caravans the studs are in the drum and in order to remove the drum have to remove the dust cap, pin, cotter pin and bearings, it doesnt have a hub assembly

To add to the story, (hi guys), the drum is not meant to come off the hub. The two pieces are held together with the studs. The assembly is removed after removing the spindle nut and outer bearing. My guess is they pried the drum off, then didn't get it centered on the studs so the wheel worked loose while driving. The driver should have noticed the wobbling feeling and possibly heard the noise, but if not, the drum would now fall off if the wheel came off. Probably wrecked the backing plate.