DASH REMOVAL

1994 Buick Lesabre • 6 cylinder Automatic • 111,000 miles

How do I remove the dashboard on a 1994 Buick LeSabre to get to the heater core?
Tootzie99

See if this works. The heater core is located under the dash, in the center above the "hump". The container holding the core looks like a black plastic box. Remove the ash tray for easier access. You may have to also remove some other covers under the dash. First drain the radiator. Then you have to disconnect the hoses. There are two hoses connected to nipples of the heater core that are thru the center of the firewall. This has to be done from underneath the car while raised. I also had to unbolt a frame support to get to the hose clamps (I have big hands; you may be able to reach them without unbolting it). Remove the screws that hold on the cover to the heater core. You should be able to get the old one out now. Just go in reverse order to put it back together.

Fixitmr