CAR WON'T START AT ALL NOW.

1994 Buick Lesabre • 186,600 miles

Okay. I had the car running, though it wasn't very good. It tended to misfire, run rough and slow going up the hill in the morning, and generally acted like either the fuel pump or a sensor was bad. So I took it to a garage and they said it was the MAF sensor, after wanting to charge me $150 to put in new spark plugs, and another $200 for diagnosis of the codes, as well as $350 for the sensor.

I replaced the wires, plugs, MAF sensor, and now I just finished the crank sensor. It just won't start. Before it would start after a very prolonged, 9+ times trying to get it to run. The starter works, the battery is charged, I can hear the fuel pump running, and I get 41psi at the rail, thanks to the fuel pressure tester.

What could be wrong here? I just completed the Crankshaft Position Sensor on a hunch after reading of similar problems, and cleaned the crankshaft pulley so that the magnetic pickup would be perfect. I really can't think of what else to do here?
Bravestar1

Are you getting sparks at the plugs?

Well the starter works, let me check.

Bravestar1
Yeah I've got spark. It sorta starts slightly, but doesn't stay on.

Bravestar1
You have been replacing a lot of things by hearsay, that is costly and a waste of money. You need to diagnose what is missing causing the non starting.

Have you checked for trouble codes?

If the sparks are not bright blue, it can mean a failing ignition coil.

The car actually does start, but then quits one second later.

Bravestar1
How can you tell if the sparks are bright blue? I took one of the plug wires off the car, put a spark plug in, and grounded it, but it gave off an orange spark. I don't know if that's really the correct way of doing it.

Bravestar1
There was a trouble code, but unfortunately in doing up the Crank position sensor I d/c the battery and lost it. I'm getting sparks from all the nodes of the coil pack when I test them.

Bravestar1
Yes, you can do it that way and orange means a weak spark.

Dang, a weak spark huh. So a coil pack is in my future then?

I know there are 3 separate modules on this car, if it's all of them, could it be something else?

Bravestar1
Page 1 of 5