DRIVING MY CAR LOST ALL POWER CONNECTED WITH ACCELERATOR

1993 Toyota Starlet • 222,222 miles

Hi, although engine is still running I cant move at all accelerator wont do anything. No revs nothing just sits there and idles also I woke to find a massive patch of oil this morning could you please give me ideas as to what this may be?
Charliechaplin

Is this an auto or manual transmission?

Auto sorry

Charliechaplin
Have the transmission checked for slippage if okay-test the airflow meter and throttle position sensor

Okay thank you very much ill get on to that today cheers mate

Charliechaplin
Hi I Just checked the trans fluid itself and its empty like bone dry empty I just went down and put some ATF multi purpose in could this be the reason behind it all i've had it over a year and never checked it and it was sitting in a yard for 7 years should I risk driving it and see how it goes or take it in to the mechanics sorry to bother you I would rather not take it in if its something I can do

Charliechaplin
If its moving with no problem-If you wish to continue driving it-try changing fluid and filter and go from there